Today is not the best day to skip cookies! Why? Life’s too short not to eat one, or two. If you want to enjoy life, might as well enjoy these cookie recipes!
Chewy, crunchy, chocolatey, fudgy, so on and so forth. There are a plethora of cookie recipes you can find. As a matter of fact, these recipes range from the simplest one to the most difficult recipe to do. When baking cookies, the world is for you to take. You can easily alter ingredients as soon as you think you’re already the master of your kitchen!
Baking is definitely therapy. Baking cookie recipes can definitely relieve your stress and make you forget any problems you’re facing outside your kitchen. It is one of the best things you can do if you want to relax yourself up, and have some sort of peace within your mind.
On the other hand, baking cookie recipes is delightful. That’s for sure, but it could also be strewn with some difficulties. Do you find it amazing at how hard it could be to get multiple batches of cookies in similar sizes? Most of the time, baking cookies is absolutely easier said than done and getting the “perfect” cookies done needs more practice.
So, today, if you’re thinking about baking some cookies for yourself, or even for your family and friends, you came to the right place. I have two of the most sought after cookie recipes to share with you. Feel free to choose which ones tickles your fancy, or better yet, do both of them just for the sake of it.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you’ll need:
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 unsalted butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
How to Prepare the King of Cookie Recipes
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With your electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter until it’s fluffy and light. Do this for about 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla extract slowly together with the eggs.
- Using a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, such as flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir it into the butter and sugar mixture and fold the chocolate chips.
- Now, you can get a 1-inch ice cream scoop and scoop the dough, placing them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes or until it’s lightly golden.
- Let it sit for a while, before removing from the sheet and voila! You have your own chocolate chip cookies!
Red Velvet Cookie Recipe
What you’ll need for the Cookie Dough
- 6 tablespoon softened butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
What you’ll need for the Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- A pinch of salt
How to Prepare Red Velvet Cookie Recipe
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and line your baking sheet with parchment paper and prepare the cheesecake filling.
- First, in a small bowl, you’ll have to combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and salt. Secondly, mix until the mixture is smooth and cover it with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge until firm.
- Now, you’ll have to make the cookie dough. Using a hand-mixer, cream the butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy and beat in the vanilla and egg.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt, and food coloring. Mix it well.
- The next thing you’ll have to do for this cookie recipe is to scoop about a tablespoon of the dough and flatten it in a pancake-like shape. Spoon 2 teaspoons of this cookie recipe filling in the center of the dough. Form another tablespoon of the dough into a flat circle and place it on top of the filling.
- Pinch the edges together in order to seal it and roll the filled dough into a ball. Make sure that you leave 3 inches apart for each cookie.
- Lastly, bake the cookies 15-17 minutes and let it cool before serving.
If you want to impress your friends and family with awesome cookies, might as well get your hands to the cookie recipes provided above.