Puddings are very easy to make. They don’t take too much time and can be fun to make. If you’re looking for easy puddings to make, here they are for you.
Most people are used to having dessert right after a luscious meal. Desserts actually have that magical power to attract people, most especially the ones with “sweet tooth”. They are tasty and absolutely tempting. So, make sure you do not overeat! Most desserts need a lot of work. One wrong move, it’s going to be a fail. Good thing is that puddings are here to save the day.
What You Should Know About Puddings
Puddings are absolutely known for its richness in both taste and flavor. Usually, they are prepared by adding milk together with sugar, gelatin and cornstarch as the binding material. Sure, there are ready made puddings you can buy, but nothing beats the homemade ones. There’s absolutely a lot of easy puddings to make. They require no time at all. You can squeeze them during the days when you are busy, but still have some time for dessert. So, without further ado, here are some of the easy puddings to make for you.
Ingredients for the cake batter
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter (melted and mixed with warm milk)
- 0.5 cup milk, warmed
Ingredients for the sauce
- 1 cup boiling water
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 0.5 cup lemon juice
- Start off by pre-heating the oven to 355ºF and grease medium-sized baking dish with butter. Make sure that the dish is high-sided.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, flour and lemon zest.
- Pour in the milk, butter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Place the batter in the baking dish.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce and pour over the batter in the dish.
- Bake the mixture for about 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the sauce starts bubbling around the sides.
- Take it off the oven and leave for 15 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- You can sprinkle this with the icing sugar, and serve immediately with ice cream.
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 ¼ cups of milk
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- For this easy pudding to make, start by cooking it over medium high heat and constantly stir it until it boils down. Let it boil while stirring for one minute.
- Remove it from the heat and stir the butter and vanilla in. Pour them into individual dessert dishes.
- In order to keep the surface smooth, make sure that you press a cling wrap directly onto the surface. Serve the pudding warm or refrigerate it for about 2 hours and garnish it with whipped cream.
Puddings are very easy to make and requires almost no budget at all. So, what are you waiting for? Get the recipes for easy puddings to make and give yourself some time to do these for yourself or for your guests.