If there’s a fruit that’s perfect for almost anything, it would be strawberries. Does a strawberry pie recipe excites you? Well, you’re not alone!
Strawberry pies make a good dessert. It’s totally a favorite of many. It’s fragrant, it’s sweet and good enough to make the day perfect. A bite can absolutely bring light to you and your guests. Say you don’t do much in the kitchen, are you worried that you are not able to serve a good strawberry pie?
A strawberry pie recipe is definitely not rocket science. It’s pretty easy to do. You just have to make sure that you know how to use your oven. Don’t worry as this recipe is not at all intimidating like you deemed it to be. So, without further ado, here’s how you can make your very own strawberry pie that you and everyone in the family will love!
Strawberry Pie Recipe
Ingredients for the Pie
- 6 cups fresh strawberries, sliced and divided
- 1 baked deep dish pie shell
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Whipped Cream Cheese Topping
- 3 tablespoons of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
Directions of Baking Strawberry Pie Recipe
- First off, slice the strawberries and smash some until you make 1 cup of mashed strawberries.
- Place the remaining strawberries into the baked pie shell. Place it into the fridge for now.
- Get a large saucepan and the mashed the strawberries in it. Sir in the water, sugar, cornstarch as well as the lemon juice. Bring it to a boil and cook for a minute, until the mixture is thickened. Remove it from the heat and mix the butter in until completely melted. Let it cool for an hour.
- Pour the cooled mixture over the strawberries and return the fridge until it is all set.
- Grab a mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar as well as vanilla extract until stiff peaks.
- Transfer it to a piping bag and design it onto the finished pie. You can also serve every slice with whipped cream.
If you’re looking for a simple strawberry pie recipe, it would be best for you to follow the steps provided above and serve this treat right away! Everyone will absolutely love the taste of fresh sweet strawberries and the tangy taste of the cream cheese.