Are you sensitive to gluten? It could be really hard for you to eat just about anything. Well, worry not, as gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are here for you!
In case you’re not aware, sensitivity to gluten is a silent epidemic. This is for the reason that, every person who has it experiences intestinal symptoms and can lead to a more severe issue if left untreated. Some issues can be anxiety, headache, infertility and many more.
What Is Gluten?
Gluten is a group of proteins found in grains such as barley, rye or wheat. Gluten makes the dough sticky, which causes the bread to be airy and straight up fluffy. It is also considered as the binder and filler of food manufacturers.
So, what makes gluten a bad component in food? Well, it simply binds to the lining of the small intestine. It causes substantial inflammation when your body attacks the cells of your small intestine. There will be an occurrence of painful stomach irritation, making your body unable to absorb the nutrients from the food you eat. Gluten overexposure could lead to a permeable gut. When worse comes to worst, a person sensitive to Gluten may suffer from Celiac disease, which is pretty much a serious condition.
Enjoying a Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Though your body is sensitive to gluten, there are still food and snacks you can enjoy. You don’t really need to make your body and cravings suffer just because you can’t eat whatever is on the table. So, here’s an easy recipe of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for you.
- 2 cups of gluten-free flour
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of Xanthan Gum
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 ¼ cups of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of softened butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 2 eggs, large
- To start making the peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, get a medium bowl, mix in the flour, baking soda, xantham gum, salt and combine. Set it aside.
- Get the stand-mixer bowl, add in the brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter and beat it until it’s creamy and smooth. Add the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time and continue beating after each addition.
- Combine the dry ingredients on the cream and scrape the bowl if needed. The next thing you’ll have to do is to stir in the chocolate chips.
- As soon as the dough is ready, cover it and chill it for 2 hours, or if you can wait, overnight.
- When the dough for the gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are ready to bake, start by pre-heating the oven to 375ºF and line your baking pan with parchment paper.
- Make use of a medium-sized scoop and scoop about 1 ½ tablespoon of dough, make a ball out of it and roll in granulated sugar for coating. Place the cookie dough balls on the sheets and press it to slightly flatten. Use fork for this!
- Bake the dough for 10 minutes until it’s done. Cookies are going to be slightly soft in the middle.
- Wait for about 10 minutes before transferring it on a cooling rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
You don’t need to give up peanut butter chocolate chip cookies if you’re gluten sensitive. You can always find recipes that will suit best for your diet. So, take on this recipe now and enjoy!