Cookie dough, this magical dough is sent from the heavens for everyone to enjoy. There are absolutely many edible cookie dough recipes one can find.
If you want an interesting snack in which your family and friends could enjoy munching on, what you will need to do is get these cookie dough recipes and have fun mixing and eating. Great for parties, kids and adult alike. Most of all, such a tasty and easy snack to make.
Basic Recipe Ingredients
Since you don’t need to bake cookie dough, well, of course, if you bake it, it will turn to cookies. Kidding aside, cookie dough has to be eggless. This will definitely make the dough safe to eat for everyone. On the other hand, here are some more ingredients you’ll need to make the best tasting edible cookie dough.
- Flour- you can absolutely go for the all-purpose flour, but if you or somebody you know is allergic to gluten, then, by all means, get a gluten-free blend. Don’t worry as we will make the flour safe to be eaten. We don’t want to cause any health issues to our dear family and friends. So, what we will do is microwave the flour for about 2 minutes. Stir it at least once. Soon as it reaches 165ºF, you’re good to go.
- Butter- butter does not just add flavor, but also adds moisture to the dough. You can use unsalted butter and use salt later on or do the other way around. For vegan options, there are non-dairy kinds of butter in the market, or you can use coconut oil.
- Baking soda– this is absolutely optional. However, it makes the cookie dough tastes more like one. It’s also safe to be consumed raw.
- Sugar- the combination of brown and granulated sugar is important when making edible cookie dough, as it makes it sweeter. You can use both, or leave the other one, but brown sugar adds more flavor.
- Milk or cream- in order to achieve the cookie dough texture, the dough needs some liquid. You can add a tablespoon to the dough or some more until the right texture is achieved. If you’re a vegan, there are non-dairy types of milk you can use.
- Vanilla extract- pure vanilla extract does contain alcohol content. If you’re somehow concerned about this, feel free to get the alcohol-free one.
Play With Cookie Dough Variations
As soon as you have the basic recipe, you can do variations. So, if you’re looking for different flavors for edible cookie dough, then here they are for you:
- Chocolate Chip- you can take the basic cookie dough recipe provided and just add the chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter- You can change the butter needed for the basic recipe with peanut butter. For some crunch, add some crushed nuts.
- Double Chocolate Chip- it’s just the basic recipe, added with chocolate chips and unsweetened cocoa.
- Oatmeal- Use half the amount of flour needed for the basic edible cookie dough recipe and use rolled oats and a dash of cinnamon. Add raisins if you prefer.
- Snickerdoodle- with this edible cookie dough recipe, you can add some ground cinnamon and cream of tartar, which is a basic ingredient in the snickerdoodle cookies. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar when serving.
Simple, easy and the ingredients can be easily found in your pantry. So, get all the basic ingredients ready, choose the variation you want to do and start mixing!