Any meal is incomplete without dessert. The sweet dessert after the food not only satisfies your taste buds but also enhances the digestion. Various people thought that making a dessert is too tedious. It is because most of them contain a long list of ingredients. However, some of them require a limited number of contents. In this article, we describe the smooth cherry dump cake recipe. This tasty and easy to make dessert can be your new favorite sweet course. Therefore, you must read the following article very attentively.
Introduction To Dump Cake
It can be surprising to hear the name ’dump cake.’ Many people wonder why this dessert has such a strange name. However, there is a profound logic behind it. In this dessert, you do not require any mixing bowls. Just you need to drop the ingredients into the pan. Bake it, and your cake will be ready. Therefore, this dessert gets such a name. You must get over this name and try it once. We assure you that you will love to have this beautiful cake. Moreover, you can call it easy cherry cobbler if you do not like this name.
Easy Cherry Dump Cake Recipe
The best part about this cake is that it requires just four ingredients. It means that you do not need to work hard to make this wonderful dessert. Furthermore, there is no headache of mixing. It can satisfy around 10 to 15 persons. Hence, it can be a perfect dessert to make on weekends. The recipe for this cake is as follows.
Cook Time– 50 minutes
Prep Time– 5 minutes
Ingredients For Cake
- 1 1/2 tsp. Almond Extract
- 2 21 oz cans Cherry Pie Filling
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- One box Yellow Cake Mix
Directions To Make This Cake
- First of all, you need to preheat the oven to around 350 degrees F.
- Grease a casserole dish having a size of around 9 X 13 using nonstick cooking spray.
- Now, you need to open cherry pie filling cans. Distribute the almond extract equally among both the cans. To incorporate it, you need to give a little stir to the filling.
- Pour both of these cans containing cherry pie filling into the pan.
- Take the yellow cake mix and sprinkle over the pie filling evenly.
- On the top of the cake mix, pour melted butter slowly.
- Bake it for approx 50 to 60 minutes until you saw the golden and bubbly brown on top.
You can also skip the “dump” part of the above recipe. For this, you need to take a small bowl to combine melted butter and your cake mix. Sprinkle that mixture above the filling. This step will help you to get rid of dry spots in your cake mix.
Other Pie Fillings For Dump Cake
The cherry has a good and sweet taste. Moreover, the bright red color in your recipe looks fantastic. However, you can also add other flavors instead of cherry to try something unique. You can include peach, apple, blueberry, etc. Pineapple is another excellent option that you can try.