Black Bean Brownie; Are you experimental enough to try the black bean brownies? If you want a “healthier” version of this amazing dessert, then it’s best for you to bake it now!
Are you looking for some food that is absolutely healthy and full of antioxidants, fiber, and protein? When it comes to these health benefits, beans somehow comes first on the list. Black beans, in particular, are native to America and has been consumed since time immemorial.
What You Need To Know About Black Beans
Black beans are a good source of fiber, not to mention that it helps in lowering down the cholesterol levels. The fiber content helps in maintaining the right sugar levels in the blood; while keeping your energy on a steady level. Aside from that, it also provides fat-free and good quality protein. By simply including these beans into your diet, it will give you a feeling of being full, but without adding more fat into your body. Most of the high fiber foods will definitely make your brain and body feel full.
Moreover, aside from the unique properties, black beans is also rich in anthocyanins, which makes the pigment more black. Thus, this beans help in improving vision, it protects the circulatory system and also prevents degenerative diseases. So, given that black beans are full of health benefits, will it make a good brownie as well? As a human being, we want something healthy without compromising the flavor, right? So, here’s how to make the best black bean brownies for you.
Black Bean Brownie Recipe
- 1 ½ cups of black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- When baking black beans brownies, start off by preheating the oven to 350ºF.
- Get your food processor and combine all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Blend it until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Once done, stir in the chips and pour it into greased 8 by 8 baking pan.
- You can also sprinkle extra chocolate chips on the top, but it’s purely optional.
- Bake the black bean brownies for about 18 minutes and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- If you think they are undercooked, you can place them in the fridge overnight and it will firm up.
This recipe could make about 9-12 brownies. So, it can be a very good dessert for you and your family and friends, without all the guilt.